District Speech & Language Therapy, a speech and language practice serving various populations in the D.C., Virginia, and Maryland areas, is hiring a creative, dependable, and passionate Speech Language Pathologist (CCC) to provide services to a caseload of both children and adults (70/30 ratio). District Speech provides a supportive and diverse workplace, focused on superior quality care, collaboration, and professional development. The ideal candidate will thrive in this role if he/she is a self-starter that is driven, engaged, and can easily build/maintain rapport with patients, caregivers, and colleagues. This person should have stellar communication and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent organization and time-management skills.
The Speech Language Pathologist (CCC) will provide part-time clinic-based speech therapy evaluations and treatment to a diverse population at our DC office (1300 I Street NW) and will report directly to the practice’s owner, Jennifer Branchini, with opportunities to collaborate with and learn from the team’s other dedicated speech therapists. This person will provide treatment during the following days and times: Mondays (8:00am-3:00pm), Thursdays (8:00am-3:00pm), and Fridays (8:00am-6:30pm). Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement screening and perform evaluations. Select and administer evaluation methods that align with patient diagnosis, developmental level, and physical/emotional state.
- Demonstrate essential skill competencies in the use of evidence-based treatment modalities.
- Provide client-centered treatment. Curate engaging and motivational intervention plans that target patient deficits.
- Provide accurate, timely documentation. Submit comprehensive notes and reports in a timely manner.
- Perform re-evaluations. Assess patient progress regularly, generating progress reports and adjusting the treatment plan accordingly.
- Communicate effectively with clients and families.
- Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology
- D.C. licensure
- ASHA license or Provisional license
- Experience working with pediatric populations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving, organization, and time-management skills.
- MD licensure
- Experience working with adult populations
- Early intervention experience
- Stuttering and/or voice disorder experience
This position has an approved pay-per-session rate of $50-$65. The rate is commensurate with experience.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
Our process is thorough. Because finding a good fit is paramount, it’s important that you have the opportunity to get to know us, and for us to get to know you. Our typical hiring process looks like this:
- Round 1 Preliminary Phone/Zoom interview with HR Associate
- Round 2 Zoom interview with Operations Manager
- Round 3 Final Zoom Interview with lead speech therapist and CEO
- Reference Check
- Conditional verbal offer (subject to background check)
- Congratulations and welcome to the team!
We try to move quickly through this process, but we recognize that calendars don’t always align, so we appreciate your patience. If at any time you are unsure of where you stand in the process, please reach out to our Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume to email@example.com
With the subject: Part-time Speech Therapist Applicant
District Speech & Language Therapy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a growing practice, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
1300 I St NW, #400E,
Washington, DC 20005
District Speech and Language Therapy specializes in speech therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy solutions, for both children and adults, in the Washington D.C and the Arlington Virginia areas.